I got these miniature clipboards at Michael's for $1.00. I bought two of them and they have been sitting in my craft box for a long time. The other day I finally had an idea for one of them. I decided to make it into a recipe holder. This inspiration came when I was trying to cook and I didn't have much counter space to prepare food, let alone a bulky cook book. So I thought of this! (Obviously it will only work if you're recipes are removable from the cookbook, like mine, or if you use a recipe box.)
I painted the whole thing red and lightly sanded the edges. (I sand everything I paint because I like the antique look. You could call it my obsession.) Anyways, I then picked some paper that I wanted to use and tore it down to size. (Once again, to look antique. Ahhh!) I used mod podge to attach the paper and then I stained the whole thing. Even the paper. It was cool cause where the paper was torn, it got really dark and looked old. My favorite! I then just picked out a few things to decorate the bottom half of the clipboard because that is all you will see if you have a recipe clipped on there. And that's it!
Side view.

This project took me months to think of, but only 1 hour to create. And most of that time was drying time. Now I just need an idea for the other one. Any help?
0 thoughts from other people:
Post a Comment