So this isn't really something that I made from scratch, but I went yard sale shopping with my Mom one Saturday. At the third one, I found this drawer thingy for $3. So I brought it home and I wanted to redo it so I could use it for holding scrapbook stuff and other craft items. I didn't take any before pictures, and wish I would've, but there was no paint on it, just plain boring wood.
So I added some paint to the drawers and then sanded them down and stained them to give them a distressed/antique look. I have only stained the outside box and want to paint it, but haven't decided what color. So for now, it is looking like this. I added new knobs to it and I love it. I am excited for my find.
The picture below is of my scrapbook area. We are currently redoing it and making more user friendly. It will be made so Ashlyn can do things there also. All we did was buy the shelves at Walmart for $15 and then we just used an old inside door for the top. I am going to have to raise it up a couple inches, but this is a good way to use things around the house that you just don't know what to do with, other than haul them off.So when we get the finished project done, I will post the finished project. I know this isn't something that I made from scratch, but its my craftiness that I have right now.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Yard Sale Bargain
Labels: Brooke
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 thoughts from other people:
I love the drawer thingy! I wish I could find fun stuff like that. Your craft area is looking good! Have fun!
I want to go yard sale shopping. How fun! That's a great find. It's so fun to find old things and bring them back to life, eh?!
Post a Comment